Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Assembley

The batteries are in and everything is hooked up and working so its time for gluing. Before that I milled some  foam out of the fuselage so the battery could get closer to the center of gravity.  Once everything was together and set, my dad and I put the servos and servo wire tubes into the fuselage.  After I reversed some channels on the 7C it is ready for flight.  The APM has several different modes that it can fly in: Manual, Stabilize, Loiter, Return To Launch (RTL) and Auto are the ones I will be using but it also has two Fly By Wire modes as well.  Because I want to use more than three modes (limited by the 3 position switch on the radio) and mixing switches is not possible on the 7C, I opted to put them on the flap knob.  To index the modes on the knob I set a piece of paper on it and noted where the modes changed, then I took a picture and drew it scale in AutoCAD.  Now I can accurately select my five modes ( of six possible). 
Had a problem with one servo though. When I glued it, the glue went into the servo through a small crack and stuck two gear together.  After taking the servo apart I was relieved to find that the lubricant on the gears prevented it from bonding to the gears themselves.  After cleaning the glue off the servo now works fine.





Finished

No comments:

Post a Comment